African Centre for Cities (ACC) at the University of Cape Town invite applications for a full-time Project Coordinator for a 24-month period with the possibility of renewal, dependent on funding.
We are looking for an individual with strong administrative and project management skills to work as part of the African Mayoral Leadership Initiative (AMALI) Data Programme team, located within the African Centre for Cities (ACC).
AMALI, located within ACC, focuses on supporting African Mayors in their legacy goals and involves in-depth and ongoing technical and skills support over the course of a calendar year. The AMALI Data Programme specifically focuses on supporting African mayors and their executive and data teams in the collection, analysis, and use of data necessary for effective decision making and reporting at a city-scale.
The AMALI Data Programme Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing wide-ranging administrative support to other members of the AMALI Data Programme team, specifically the Programme Manager and Operations Manager in running various components of the programme. This will include project management support, organising travel and events, overseeing communications with all participants in the programme and maintaining all necessary records.
The successful candidate will join a vibrant and growing AMALI Data Programme team located at ACC at the University of Cape Town. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic candidate a proven track record in administration and project management.
The salary range for this position is between R 294 596.00 and R 547 802.00.
Requirements for the position:
- Administration/project management (or equivalent) diploma or degree with 2 years relevant experience OR Matric with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to interact well with individuals from diverse professional and non- professional backgrounds, including internal (UCT) and external stakeholders.(such as high-profile political leaders)
- Excellent time management / project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation
- Computer literacy – high level of proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to exercise judgment and work with minimal supervision
- A commitment to the provision of excellent service
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in French would be an advantage
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Marlene Joubert at Marlene.Joubert@uct.ac.za. Please include “Project Coordinator: AMALI Data Programme” in the title of your email.
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- A 1-2-page motivation letter specifying the relevance of experience for the
- A detailed curriculum
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete and might not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo competency assessments.
Telephone: 021 650 2881 Website: www.africancentreforcities.net
Reference number: E231207 Closing date: 09 February 2024
“UCT is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity, and redress in achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented designated groups. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. “ www.hr.uct.ac.za/hr/policies/employ_equity.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.