The African Centre for Cities (ACC) seeks to appoint a Strategic Communications Manager. The main purpose of the Strategic Communications Manager is to deliver strategic communications outcomes for the African Centre for Cities. The Strategic Communications Manager will act as brand custodian ensure the integrity and quality of all communications outputs under the ACC banner. The Strategic Communications Manager, will also be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with project PIs, funding partners and peers in research/partner institutions to ensure maximum alignment and impact for outputs, as well as actively source and investigate new opportunities for funding and partnership.
Please refer to the attached detailed position description (HR191) for the full responsibilities of this position.
Requirements for the job:
- A suitable degree or diploma (minimum NQF7 level).
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience in strategic and research communications and stakeholder management. Experience in managing content and output production process as well as a team.
- Excellent writing, proof-reading and editing skills in English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to produce under a heavy workload with competing priorities.
- Demonstrable good network in the media community and online publication skills.
The following would be advantageous:
- Familiarity with graphic design, social media communication, and excellent written English for both scientific and popular audiences
- Experience with the African Centre for Cities research agenda
- Experience and knowledge of fundraising and proposal development
To apply, please e-mail the following documents in a single pdf file to Ms Shakira Jeppie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Motivation letter, detailing how you meet the minimum requirements for this job
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line. An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 650 5903 Website: https://www.africancentreforcities.net
Reference number: E23720 Closing date: 04 August 2023
“UCT is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity, and redress in achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented designated groups. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. “
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.