Preparations for the African Centre for Cities International Urban Conference are entering the final stages and we are excited to release the draft programme. With 71 panels and 16 roundtables the three-day programme is packed with fantastic contributions from around the globe. A series of themes structure the various panels and roundtables:
- Governance, Planning and Politics
- Justice, Rights and Change in the City
- Infrastructure, Resource Access and City Development
- Feeding the City
- Rethinking the African City
- Urbanisation and Economies
- Climate, Resilience and Sustainability
- Knowing the City? Methodology and Trans-Disciplinarity
- Everyday City Life: Identities, cultures and livelihoods
- Imagining the Urban Past and Present: Architecture, Design and Art
- Professional Practice, Networks, Publishing
Download the draft programme here.
We have also published a draft conference abstract book which provides more information on the papers and roundtables, which will be presented during the conference programme from 1 to 3 February 2018, at the University of Cape Town.
Download the draft conference abstract book here.
The conference takes place on Upper Campus at the University of Cape Town. All plenary sessions will be hosted in the New Lecture Theatre, while parallel panel sessions and roundtables will take place in the Leslie Social Science Building and Centlivers Building.
Consult the Campus Guide for maps of the campus.