ACC’s Jane Battersby is among the new members of the Global Nutrition Report‘s Independent Expert Group (IEG). The IEG members were selected to bring the right mix of expertise and fresh perspectives to the Global Nurtrition Report in 2018 and beyond. The IEG as a whole represents individual members’ expertise in research, programming, data and advocacy for all forms of malnutrition.
Corinna Hawkes, Jessica Fanzo and Emorn Udomkesmalee continue to serve as co-chairs of the group and are joined by:
- Anushree Shiroor, Senior Policy Advocacy Officer (Nutrition) at RESULTS UK
- Ashkan Afshin, Assistant Professor (Global Health) at University of Washington
- Camila Corvalán, Assistant Professor, Obesity and chronic diseases at the Instituto de Nutrición y Tecnología de los Alimentos department of the University of Chile
- Carmel Dolan, Technical Director at the Emergency Nutrition Network (ENN)
- Chika Hayashi, Senior Advisor, Monitoring and Statistics at UNICEF
- Cynthia Rosenzweig, Senior Research Scientist at NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
- Dominic Schofield, President, GAIN Canada and Senior Technical Advisor of Policy and Programs at GAIN
- Jane Battersby, Senior Researcher at African Centre for Cities, University of Cape Town
- John McArthur, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution and Senior Advisor, UN Foundation
- Jorge Fonseca, Programme Adviser, at the Food and Agriculture Organization
- Kevin Chen, Senior Research Fellow at the International Food Policy Research Institute
- Laurence Grummer-Strawn, Technical Officer at the World Health Organization
- Lorena Allemendi, Director of Politics of Nutrition at Fundación Interamericana del Corazón Argentina
- Mariachiara Di Cesare, Senior Lecturer in Public Health at Middlesex University London
- Obey Assery, Director of Coordination of Government Business at the Government of Tanzania
- Phillip Baker, Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Deakin University, Australia
- Zulfiqar Bhutta, Co-Director, Director of Research at the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) and Aga Khan University
The IEG is responsible for the content, data and analysis of the report, is accountable for the quality and independence of its conclusions, and is answerable to the Stakeholder Group.
Download the Global Nutrition Report Nourishing the SDGs here.